Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an AP Senior Finance Systems Analyst, based in Columbus, IN.
The successful candidate will support a specific finance system as the business unit or functional subject matter expert and/or system administrator; will be responsible for the maintenance of a critical finance system. This position will be responsible for working with BOLT AP Solutions Team. Key Responsibilities:
- Understands financial, accounting, and treasury concepts and applies them to finance systems.
- Collaborates with finance leaders and subject matter experts within the business unit or organization to support information needs of the business.
- Identifies and leads finance systems improvement projects within the business unit or corporate function that they support.
- Partners with Information Technology teams and project management specialists to develop, test and deliver Finance Systems solutions.
- Assists end-users in developing customized reports and ad hoc analysis.
- Identifies, evaluates and documents internal controls in a business process; understands the company's approach to internal controls.
- Trains end-users in order to expedite adoption of new system solutions.
- Coaches and mentors finance systems analysts.
- Act as subject matter expert for AP Oracle finance module.
- Help to resolve any issues that may arise with production support of the AP module .
- Provide guidance and approval on BOLT AP change requirements and AP improvement projects.
- Lead efforts in BOLT AP implementation including:
- Fit/Gap analysis on requirements
- Provide support for test case approval for CRP3 and UAT testing sessions
- Provide onsite/remote support of AS-IS, socialization and CRP3 sessions
- Support AP data conversion/reconciliation activities for UAT sessions and Go-live production cutover
- Provide support for any modifications/cleanup activities for any of the following:
- Site Test Cases.
- Functional Requirement Questionnaires.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a similar or in a finance role.
- Experience with Oracle Financials/ERP, and/or or similar ERP financial platforms is required.
- Experience in a global, matrix organization a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of financial information systems methods, practices and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and business savvy.
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel or Access, is preferred.
College, university, or equivalent degree in accounting, finance, information systems or related subject required. MBA and/or professional certifications (CPA, CMA, CFA, etc.) preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.