Supports Contract Surety Bond lines of business strategies by marketing and underwriting business in partnership with field office specialists.
Risk Selection/Technical Underwriting:
- Rigorously analyzes underwriting information and assesses simple risk within the framework of company standards and makes recommendations to regional management.
- Adherence to underwriting and service standards.
- Learns to weigh decisions between underwriting standards and customer needs and expectations.
- Balances risk relative to return to make effective and acceptable underwriting decisions.
Marketing (under direct supervision):
- Co-travels with more senior underwriters and assists with preparing for client meetings and agency visits
- Learns importance of cultivating customer and producer relationships to promote Bond products and services within regional office
- Learns consultative selling techniques
- BA/BS required in finance, accounting or economics or advance degree preferred
- Has a general business background
- 1-2 years of professional work experience, highly preferred
- Must be a multi-dimensional team player; possess strong product knowledge, sales ability and underwriting preferred.
***Depending on candidates experience, we may hire at a different level;
Bond UW Associate require min. 3.00 GPA ***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/disability/Sexual orientation/Gender Identity or Expression.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD