Job Responsibilities/Tasks Customer Experience
- Maximize sales and brand awareness by offering exceptional customer care to all customers in a friendly and professional manner. Provides customers with beauty and makeup needs and skincare consultations, with an emphasis on the customer's total look. Models and delivers distinctive and delightful customer care.
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient cosmetic service and information, maintains department records, and appearance.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Proactively build and maintain strong customer relationships by determining customer's needs and answering questions about our products. Offers product demonstrations to engage customers and provides consultations to customers on cosmetic and skin care needs.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendor partnerships through participation with store teams.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls concerning current brand promotions, changes, sales goals and modeling extraordinary customer care.
- Maintains awareness of and communicates Walgreens community events to colleagues and customers.
Training & Personal Development
- Demonstrates an aptitude for selling, and interest, excitement, passion for beauty and ability to engage customer's interests with product knowledge.
- Exemplify knowledge about products and brands and be able to attend to customer's needs based on knowledge of the products. Leads and Delivers in in-store promotional events to promote brand awareness and loyalty on own brands and total Beauty Personal Care.
- Assists in maintaining cosmetic department displays to include mandatory, promotional, seasonal, and sale merchandise displays in a timely, clean and neat fashion.
- Reviews key performance indicators daily (sales, profit, customer count, etc.), to understand how they perform within store and district to set improvement goals with management.
- Consistently attempts to cross sell customer by showing items on sale or complementary offerings. Achieve or exceed set sales goals by assisting guest in the purchase of products by modeling customer care.
- Ensure testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with hygiene standards. Maintains a clear counter and clean displays.
- Registers customer and/or employee purchases on cash register and collects cash and distributes change as required; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Uses testers to demonstrate product and drive sales and leverage items from beauty promotional programs.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Maintains knowledge of competition and new products, knowledge of competitors, new brand launches and industry trends.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars, schools, and other knowledge and business-driving opportunities.
- One year of experience selling premium beauty products.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing makeovers to customers.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Require willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekend hours.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Licensure in Cosmetology or Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority.
- One year of experience selling prestige beauty products.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.