Box Washer Job Purpose:
To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice. In addition, dry ice box containers will need to be washed and sanitized upon return from deliveries.
Shift time: 5:00am to 1:00pm. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loads and packages dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates a pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver dry ice boxes to meet production needs.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing/ painting, trash removal, and pick-up. .
- Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter).
- Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes).
- Dry Ice is extremely cold and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling the ice.
- Shift work required.
- No formal education required.
Knowledge, SKills, & Abilities:
- One (1) year experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and write.
- Able to understand and follow direction of supervisors.
- Must be in good physical condition and pass company physical test (IPCS).
- Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility .
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 60 pounds each.
Airgas offers a full corporate benefits package including vacation, health, dental, disability, and matching 401(K).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.