Box Washer Job Purpose:
To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice. In addition, dry ice box containers will need to be washed and sanitized upon return from d Duties & Responsibilities:
eliveries. Shift time: 2:00pm to 10:00pm.
- Loads and packages dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates a pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver dry ice boxes to meet production needs.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing/ painting, trash removal, and pick-up. .
- Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter).
- Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes).
- Dry Ice is extremely cold and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling the ice.
- Shift work required.
- No formal education required.
Knowledge, SKills, & Abilities:
- One (1) year experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and write.
- Able to understand and follow direction of supervisors.
- Must be in good physical condition and pass company physical test (IPCS).
- Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility .
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 60 pounds each.
Airgas offers a full corporate benefits package including vacation, health, dental, disability, and matching 401(K).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.