Discover Financial Services is looking for a BPM Systems Analyst to join our growing BPM Center of Excellence team.The candidate will be responsible for providing business process leadership for the IBM BPM Platform. This position will consult on new BPM projects to discover, model and analyze current and future states, identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiencies and scale. The Business Process Analyst must be able to communicate effectively amongst the groups, building consensus and driving the creation of process models using Blueworks Live.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new project request to determine if IBM BPM is an appropriate solution.
- Document discovered processes to guide process best practices and identify areas for improvement.
- Partner with department management to evaluate and make recommendations to update department workflows, processes and procedures to improve productivity
- Determine and document the impact of process changes and clearly articulate different alternatives, including identifying appropriate metrics by which to measure changes
- Educate business partners on the IBM BPM platform and its benefits
- Identify common enterprise processes that can be built as toolkits and then reused throughout the organization.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to support process change
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and be a change agent in a way that positively increases BPM adoption
- Perform continuous reviews to align processes with changing business conditionsPromote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 5 - 7 years of business process improvement or business analysis experience required.
- Strong understanding of the IBM BPM Platform
- Experience with business process discovery, modeling and analysis (BPMA, BPMN) tools
- Business Process, Business Analysis, and/or Lean/Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Project Management and/or Agile certifications a plus
- Firm understanding of IT concepts (web services definition, user interface design and data use modeling)
- Excellent problem solving and team building skills required
#LI-NB2 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.