BPM System Analyst
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Posted: December 16, 2017
Reference ID: P173599_S6
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
BPM System Analyst
Discover Financial Services is looking for a BPM Process Analyst to join our growing BPM Center of Excellence team.
The candidate will be responsible for providing business process leadership for the IBM BPM Platform. This position will consult on new BPM projects to discover, model and analyze current and future states, identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiencies and scale. The Business Process Analyst must be able to communicate effectively amongst the groups, building consensus and driving the creation of process models using Blueworks Live.
* Evaluate new project request to determine if IBM BPM is an appropriate solution.
* Document discovered processes to guide process best practices and identify areas for improvement.
* Partner with department management to evaluate and make recommendations to update department workflows, processes and procedures to improve productivity
* Determine and document the impact of process changes and clearly articulate different alternatives, including identifying appropriate metrics by which to measure changes
* Educate business partners on the IBM BPM platform and its benefits
* Identify common enterprise processes that can be built as toolkits and then reused throughout the organization.
* Lead and/or participate on project teams to support process change
* Effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and be a change agent in a way that positively increases BPM adoption
* Perform continuous reviews to align processes with changing business conditions
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* 5 + years' work experience
* Experience in business process improvement or business analysis experience required.
* Strong understanding of the IBM BPM Platform
* Experience with business process discovery, modeling and analysis (BPMA, BPMN) tools
* Business Process, Business Analysis, and/or Lean/Six Sigma certifications preferred
* Firm understanding of IT concepts (web services definition, user interface design and data use modeling)
* Excellent problem solving and team building skills required
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Clear & confident written and verbal communication skill
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project deadlines is essential
Project Management and/or Agile certifications a plus
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.