Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the incumbent is involved in all facets of a satellite operation. Major tasks groups include sales, administration, daily facility operations, workload management, shipping/receiving, repairs and maintenance of equipment.
We are looking for a Branch Coordinator who:
• Maintains good relationships with our customers and follow-up customer quotations.
• Acts as Lead hand to Central Ops Manager and assists with day to day management of facility.
• Orders all fleet repair and shop related items.
• Ensures purchase orders are to be created and managed per company directive.
• Ensures all purchase orders, packing slips, and invoices are sent to central branch.
• Assures equipment transfers both incoming and outgoing must be accurately communicated to central branch.
• Completes FA Inventory - in coordination with central branch - physical inventory taking, recording and reporting are completed.
• Works with central branch and outside sales to collect on overdue accounts.
• Selects, prepares, packages, and labels outbound shipments.
• Unpackages and verifies all incoming product and reports any discrepancies to central branch.
• Responsible for all order entry including rental agreements, terminations, inter-branch transfers, and packing slips.
• Oversee and may assist with performing Preventative Maintenance (i.e. oil changes, grease wheels, wash) as per equipment standards.
• Oversee and may assist with performing troubleshooting and repairs mechanical and/or electrical failures which are relatively minor in nature.
• Organizes repairs which are significant in nature either by preparing and shipping to central branch or authorized repair facility. Ensures general housekeeping standards are met.
• Ensures compliance with all government and company safety programs.
• Ensures compliance with all government vehicle compliance programs (i.e. annual vehicle inspections, plate stickers).
• Conducts monthly shop safety inspections.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to one year of Business Management or equivalent.
• Greater than three years related working experience.
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding applications and equipment an asset.
• Forklift training Certificate.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills are essential
• Must have strong interpersonal and management skills.
• Ability to diagnose mechanical or electrical failures, and "set up" or assembly of specific packages required by the customer.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Sales experience in either an industrial equipment rental or a welding equipment sales or rental environment (ideally construction, fabrication, and/or manufacturing sectors) an asset.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
• Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.