Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Branch Cylinder Filler in Greenville, SC!!! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to Airgas! JOB SUMMARY:
The Cylinder Filler is responsible for filling industrial, medical and specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gauges and monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
- Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
- Conduct periodic checks of plant / warehouse for safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
- Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant / warehouse appearance.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help customers when necessary
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Previous cylinder sorting and filling cylinders experience, a plus.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to 100lbs or greater.
- Ability to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp and feel
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 10 to over 100 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free work environment.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.