The Branch General Mgr is part of our Building Efficiency at Johnson Controls. This position is open due to a retirement. We are searching for a seasoned HVAC Branch General Manager to oversee the daily operations of this very successful branch. Looking for a hands-on leader to continue to drive the growth of the business. Proven track record running branch operations and sales. Strong mentor and coaching of team. Great opportunity!
Executes BE strategies through a focus on the customer and people while ensuring profitable growth of the business. Grows the business and delivers profit by managing the overall performance through implementation of BE account management strategies and sales of the entire portfolio of BE product and service offerings and cost of the market operation to create business advantage and growth. Effectively utilizes available resources to provide the greatest return, and makes necessary trade-offs to do so. Satisfies the customer by actualizing our mission to exceed customer's increasing expectations. Leads people within a culture of employee engagement that is safe, collaborative, and adaptable to change.
• Develops and executes short and long term local market tactics to grow market share in alignment with JCI strategic plan across the complete spectrum of offerings
• Delivers profitable growth and achieves targeted ROS
• Meets monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and profit forecasts and objectives
• Manages sales pipeline and forecasts through management of the Market Sales Leader and Sales Managers
• Ensures backlog growth and minimizes slippage by ensuring project management disciplines and sales commitments follow established guidelines
• Manages cash, collections, billings and AR to maximize profit and efficiency
• Efficiently manages operational capacity and manpower planning to meet schedules and budgets
• Ensures a consistent operating model and cadence within the business, and which is in line with corporate guidelines and directives
• Leads CI efforts and incorporates BBP
• Promotes innovation and defined value propositions to develop market opportunities
• Resolves customer issues
• Makes sales calls as necessary to proactively address potential issues, and to determine the performance and competency of sales persons and sales managers
• Implements an account management process in alignment with established strategy
• Effectively listens to customers and works to resolve any issues and to meet needs
• Measures, reports and ensures prompt action upon customer satisfaction efforts
• Stays actively involved in community relations - "The Face of JCI"
• Socially interacts with customers
• Communicates a positive vision and sense of purpose
• Drives employee engagement and empowers employees through effective delegation
• Develops effective leaders and high performance teams utilizing available training and development tools to rectify indentified gaps or needs
• Uses workforce planning disciplines to ensure that customer needs are met, slippage is minimized and at the lowest possible cost
• Builds culture of performance management and accountability.
• Sources and acquires local talent
• Drives and manages change
• Listens and sustains an open door to employees
Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred. Experienced sales and operations manager with proven results to include the ability to balance the need for aggressive growth and maintain a profitable cost structure. Prefer 10 plus years of Branch Mgt experience in a HVAC or similar type industry.
Demonstrates Integrity, Drives Safety. Has demonstrated strong business, sales and operations acumen. Understands and has the ability to execute Strategically while adapting to local market needs. Is an effective communicator and leads by example. Is driven by a strong customer focus necessary to achieve market goals. Collaborates with peers, management, subordinates and Corporate resources positively to impact market performance. Encourages Excellence. Drives Accountability. Local travel to customer sites.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.