The Branch Installation Mgr/Ops Mgr is part of our Building Technologies and Solutions business at Johnson Controls. This position is within our Systems business where our teams install our commercial HVAC equipment at customer construction projects in the local region. This person will oversee the daily operations of the installation projects in the region which includes: Grand Rapids, MI; Ann Arbor, MI, Saginaw, MI and Toledo, OH. This person can work out of our Grand Rapids or Ann Arbor branch office. Will travel to these various branch offices 40% of the time, day travel. Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing operations and teams. We will consider someone with experience within a similar or technical industry. Come join our growing business!
Under general direction, manages the Branch delivery teams that include the Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation teams. Assists management in revenue forecasting, billings, collections and resource planning. Assigns projects and ensures appropriate engineering, commissioning and mechanical resources are assigned to those projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local, federal, and legal requirements and operates with the highest of ethics. Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.
1. Manages the overall execution and performance of assigned Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation delivery team s . Ensures Branch goals and objectives are met. Goals and objectives are aligned with Branch General Manager's and from a priority include EBIT, cash flow, reducing equipment/project slippage, backlog growth, SG&A, productivity improvements, succession planning etc.
2. Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports. Evaluates employee performance and performs salary management. Drives asset management including cost control, billings, collections, and payables.
3. Recruits Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Leads Systems Specialists and Project Engineers with the appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Branch.
4. Ensures that the estimating and engineering standards are utilized effectively.
5. Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving customer satisfaction.
6. Assists the Branch General Manager in preparation of annual strategic and financial operating plan.
7. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.
8. Assists Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Sales, Project Engineers and Lead Systems Specialists in the review and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
9. Responsible for scheduling of installation projects and equipment backlog, including scheduling of want dates and ship dates.
10. Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict resolution and establishment project recovery plans.
11. Promotes the securing of change orders.
12. Ensures compliance with the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors.
13. Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and ensures that installation business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
Minimum of seven or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Building Construction Industry including five or more years of direct project management experience. Will consider candidates with proven track record of success in management roles handling operations, P&L, managing teams in similar or technical business organization.
High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Ability to travel based upon geographical locations of assigned teams.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.