Branch Installation Manager I
What you will do
As a Field Project Manager, you are on the front line, responsible for project delivery, estimating, and financial management. You will be determining optimum resource levels needed to meet schedule milestones and monitoring workforce levels. You have your hand on the project pulse at all times, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to performance of work. You will be responsible for implementing site safety and security procedures and will play an active role in developing the safety program.
How you will do it
In this role, you will:
• Work collaboratively to establish and maintain local market dominance.
• Perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management activities.
• Ensure projects are properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract.
• Plan, schedule and control project activities; maintain positive cash flow.
• Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer and contractor relationships.
• Interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
• Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
• Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
• Communicate project status Area General Manager, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin
• Actively pursue additional business through change orders; perform associated cost estimates, prepare proposals and negotiate final settlement price and customer acceptance.
• Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts; foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
• Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal guidelines.
• Coordinates customer-training requirements.
• Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all Johnson Controls employees and worksite-based subcontractors.
What we look for
You are leader, at your best when called upon to think strategically. You communicate well with audiences at all levels, both internal and external. You take ownership of issues and are able to move simultaneously between diverse tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup as priorities and objectives change. Customer satisfaction is your highest priority.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 8 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor's in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
• 8 years progressively responsible management experience, preferably in building construction or operations.
• Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Experience with project management software and financial accounting systems.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
• Will manage a team of 5-6 people and have individual contributor to manage a portfolio of projects.
• Willingness to travel frequently; projects may be located outside of assigned territory - 40-50% travel.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.