Discover an exciting career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Know locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise
NATURE OF POSITION:
The Branch Manager will lead and direct the day to day operations of the Branch. The Manager is responsible for building and maintaining the facility's safety culture and performance, delivering and maintaining outstanding customer service, maintaining correct staffing levels and performance, and inventory management and control.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains a safety culture that places the safety of Airgas Associates, customers, and other constituents first and exceeds Airgas standards for accident and injury frequency rates
• Maintain ongoing compliance to SMS as verified through audit - 95% or better and completes one self-audit annually
• Maintain ongoing compliance to all Airgas SAFECOR bulletins which is verified through periodic self and regional audits
• Ensure that all production associates complete the Safety Training each month.
• Lead, supervise, manage, motivate and train staff
• Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork (shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate full knowledge of all order-entry, data research and other computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
• Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
• Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
• Assist customers with equipment set-up, and demonstrate, as necessary
• Coordinate sales promotion activities
• Prepare merchandise displays
• Ensure all accounting and internal control policies and procedures are followed
• Aid in all incident/accident/near miss investigations and insure timely completion of First Report of Injury and the SAFECOR reports
• Support Airgas goal of providing outstanding customer service through reducing AM missed deliveries as measured via the SPR system
• Maintain a 98% PPM on-time performance for the facility
• Achieve and maintain 85% ARO and 98% fulfillment to all branches that the facility re-supplies
• Maintain a 90% or higher on Inventory accuracy for the facility
• Respond to all CAT's within 15 days and review CATS trends at the facility and implement a continuous improvement plan based upon each review.
• Support Airgas goal of margin and EBITDA growth through the following: Deliver production expenses on budget for the facility, Implement overtime management system that reduces the overall employee costs at the facility.
• Ensure stock transfers and backorders are promptly and accurately completed
• Develop and execute a performance management plan for all direct reports with regular review and coaching.
• Define training requirements for all direct reports and ensure all are completed.
• Interfaces with sales, customers, branches, customer service and other operating functional areas to provide timely and accurate communication regarding capabilities, order status, and various other operating requirements
• Reviews processes, procedures and equipment and implements continuous improvements in safety, quality and productivity
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharge, and disciplinary measures.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 30 to 80 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
• Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
• Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products; at least two (2) years of experience as a manager.
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and FDA requirements.
• Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include prior experience using Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized with attention to detail.
• Team player with positive attitude & strong collaborative skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, comprehend and articulate technical procedures, governmental regulations, MSDS, safety rules, manufacturer operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
• Strong analytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
• Leadership skills; Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for goal accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
• Math skills; Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
• Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match,Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.