Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Branch Manager in Jackson, MI! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Branch Manager has overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operations and profitability including: sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manages the day to day branch retail operations including safety, retail sales, warehousing and distribution. Leads and manages a team consisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, Drivers and Customer Service employees.
- Assists with development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities, merchandising and displays also opportunities for Airgas-wide conversions. Manages inside sales, sales growth and sales margins.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries by Airgas trucks.
- Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
- Leads and manages the annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventories.
- Monitors SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports. Provides Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) ensuring daily completion addressing any issues prior to deposit.
- Oversees employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and safety regulations. Partners with Airgas hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
- Manages branch operating expenses including overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products.
- Two years of prior experience is as a manager or supervisor.
- Prior SAP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated planning skills: Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for mission accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
- Interpersonal skills: Is aware of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; deals effectively with others in favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of their status or position; accepts interpersonal and cultural differences; manages conflict/confrontations/ disagreements in a positive manner that minimizes personal impact, to include controlling one's own feelings and reactions; and provides appropriate support to others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Role Model: Sets a good example of how to do the job; demonstrates personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability. Provides advice and assistance to help others accomplish their work. Directs/motivates self.
- Leadership skills: Establishes work standards and expectations for self and others. Appropriately assigns/delegates work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. Keeps goals and objectives in sight at all times, monitors progress toward goals, and works to overcome barriers and obstacles. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear, direct and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Strong detail oriented problem-solver: Identifies existing and potential problems/issues. Obtains relevant information about the problem/issue, including recognizing whether or not more information is needed. Objectively evaluates relevant information about the problem/issue. Identifies the specific cause of the problem/issue. Develops recommendations, develops and evaluates alternative course of action, selects courses of action, and follows up.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.