, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Branch Manager
position open which will be responsible for the Natchez, MS
location. JOB SUMMARY:
The Branch Manager position is directly responsible for safety management, driving sales activity at the retail store, staff recruiting, development and retention, facility maintenance, and the overall efficient, effective cost management of the branch while complying with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to OSHA and FDA, and Airgas USA, LLC policies and procedures at the facility. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
: Safety and Regulatory Compliance
Personnel / Personnel Development
- Demonstrates and ensures staff alignment with Airgas Safety Pledge and 12 Live Saving Rules.
- Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors. Provides direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors resulting in an improved safety culture.
- Performs safety incident investigations recommending corrective actions to eliminate recurrences.
- Develops training tools to support Airgas's safety, regulatory, continuous improvement and operational efficiency initiatives.
- Ensures all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, EPA) requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
Customer Service / Business Development
- Provides supervision of direct reports, in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensures sufficient operations staffing levels; works with the Hu man Resources Department to develop recruitment, staff development and retention strategies.
- Delegates duties and responsibilities when appropriate for increased business efficiency and staff development.
- Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising and developing performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures subordinate matters/concerns are effectively handled.
- Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues including coaching, counseling and performance management.
Business / Facility Management & Support
- Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from company associates.
- Ensures customer inquiries are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and drives new business with existing accounts.
- Identifies, prioritizes and penetrates target accounts.
- Identifies target accounts for telemarketing.
- Assist customers with equipment set-up and demonstration as necessary.
- Assist outside sales representatives in all areas, including but not limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all literature required, providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales leads.
- Oversees completion of sales-related paperwork (shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Inside Sales - Drives increased sales activity at the retail store, such as walk-in business.
- Responsible for inventory management at the retail store.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs preparation of merchandise displays.
- Prepares market and competitor information, annual sales analysis and forecast for the District Manager.
- Maintains / upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Overall responsibility for branch operation and profitability, including appearance, cleanliness, functionality of facilities, sales maintenance and growth, safety, customer service, community relations, and management of personnel.
- Business management responsibility including budgeting, accounts receivable, gross margins, operating expenses, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles maintenance.
- Ensures proper maintenance of branch and controls expenses thru proper scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance; e stablishes vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Prepares annual budget and monitors fiscal performance of the branch as compared to budget; controls branch expenditures and costs.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable at an acceptable level in accordance with company guidelines and goals.
- Reviews contract price file quarterly.
- Relates gross profit dollars and margins to gross profit requirements and budget; relates actual net income to budget.
- Reviews actual gross profit to guidelines, as evidence by monthly reports.
- Regularly reviews operational expenses with the ability to explain variances and recommend appropriate actions; prepares/executes budget optimization.
- Adheres to a sustainable process for operational files and records; completes all required paperwork accurately, timely and in compliance with various company policies and procedures, to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- Continuous improvement of all applicable safety, environmental, quality and compliance programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute action plans to drive business improvement in key metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all order entry, data research and computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated understanding of products, services and associated technologies or the willingness/ability to learn.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability for using basic leadership skills to effectively engage and manage a staff.
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen.
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education required.
- 2 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc. required.
- Demonstrated retail experience with a focus on improving sales.
- SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
- Experience in the welding/safety supply industry a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Demonstrated ability to accurately enter data from various forms. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and product literature using the English language.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.