Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Branch Manager
in South Chicago Heights, IL
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Branch Manager
! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
T h e Branch Manager has overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operations and profitability including: sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins,operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues. ES
S E N TIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the day to day branch retail operations including safety, retail sales, warehousing and distribution.
Leads and manages a teamconsisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, Drivers and Customer Service employees.
• Assists with development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
o Coordinates sales promotion activities, merchandising and displays also opportunities for Airgas-wide conversions. Manages inside sales, sales growth and sales margins.
o Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries by
• Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
o Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hardgoods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
o Leads and manages the annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventories.
• Monitors SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open
Purchase Order (PO) reports. Provides Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) ensuring daily completion addressing anyissues prior to deposit.
• Oversees employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)and safety regulations. Partners with Airgas hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
• Manages branch operating expenses including overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications: M INIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
• H igh School Diploma or GED. Associate'sor Bachelor's degree preferred. Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products.
• Tw o (2) years of prior demonstrated management or leadership experience.
• Prior SAP experience preferred.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.