Airgas , a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Branch Operations Manager position open which will be responsible for the Muscle Shoals, AL location.
This position is responsible for the overall critical issues of branch operations and profitability, including budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues. The Branch Operations Manager will monitor Branch operations including gas cylinder processing; gas and equipment inventory tracking and storage, and equipment testing and maintenance including compliance with all FDA, DOT, OSHA and other State and Federal regulations.
• Manages the branch operations personnel in accordance with company policies by hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, managing performance and resolving associate issues so that assigned performance targets are met or exceeded.
• Develops capital expenditure budget and coordinates capital expenditures once proper approvals have been received.
• Monitors fiscal performance of the branch compared to budget.
• Controls branch expenditures and costs.
• Develops, implements and revises, as needed, standard operational practices.
• Compiles, stores, and analyzes production data and makes adjustments so that customer needs are met and customers are retained.
• Works closely with Branch manager to manage the Branch cylinder filling operation including staffing, training, production scheduling, quality control, safety and compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations and codes (FDA, GMP, OSHA, DOT, etc.); and signs and certifies filling records.
• Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
• Manages and assist with the maintenance of adequate inventory levels.
• Coordinates maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities and maintains files on equipment maintenance and production.
• Ensures disciplinary issues and performance deficiencies are properly discussed, documented in a timely manner, and forwarded to individuals personnel file.
• Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and/or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7 - 10 years of experience in the welding industry and/or sales, preferably both.
• 3 years of supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
• Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
• Negotiating and selling skills required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information regarding customers' orders.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee's own time.
• Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
• Ability to perform heavy work, routinely lifting 25-60 lbs.
• Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours, frequent bending required.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.