Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
If you are looking for a role that combines your leadership skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a high energy, motivated technical sales professional to lead and promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers in the Detroit, MI area. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing key accounts
- Supervising, coaching and developing service sales reps
- Running weekly service sales meetings
- Scorecard management
- Responsibility for ensuring individual and office service sales plan is met
- Responsibility for overall business development oversight
- Handling escalated customer issues
- Involvement with large customer accounts/mods
- Active resign program/strategy
- Managing reps' collection activity and follow up
- Meet A/R goals
- National accounts interaction and management
- Interacting with service managers on problems/product proposals
- Drive local ACE initiatives (UTC's Continuous Improvement Program)
- 5+ years of sales or industry experience; experience within the elevator industry and/or prior leadership experience is preferred.
- Process-oriented and must show demonstrated results in a service sales role
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines
- Ability to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities
- Results driven and customer focused. Aggressive and goal-oriented with ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit and selling strategy; have demonstrated sound business decision making in previous positions
- Solid presentation and computer skills
- Bachelor's degree required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.