The Branch Service Mgr position is part of our Building Efficiency business at Johnson Controls, a fortune 67 company. This person will handle managing our daily maintanence agreement/service contracts business. We are looking for a hands on, seasoned HVAC Branch Service Mgr to lead 4 service teams with 4 managers reporting to them. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with maintenace contracts, built and managed teams and has operations experience including the financial piece of the business. We will also consider a strong Sales Mgr within our industry. Great opportunity, looking for immediate hire.
Under general direction, manages a truck based service business, grows the labor and material business, and delivers customer satisfaction plans, including revenue, gross margin and service asset management. Deploys and maintains standardized tools, systems and support for the assigned Service Teams. Manages the resources to maximize customer satisfaction and improve productivity and profitability. Effectively recruits, develops and retains employees. Ensures overall operational excellence and service growth.
1. Leads the execution efforts of the Service truck based business. Ensures consistency of delivery systems across the territory. Manages the branch service truck based execution business and financial plans.
2. Drives profitable growth through effective management of assigned assets (people, financial and material). Manages assigned assets in a manner that meets or exceeds profitability goals.
3. With the Branch General Manager, develops strategic operating plans for the assigned Service Business that aligns with SSA goals and visions. This includes participating on strategic Account Plans, annual financial and operating plans, revenue and margin forecasts.
4. Leads efforts to identify, secure and retain service customers by actively networking with community business, governmental and professional leadership; establishing relationships that enhance the local reputation of Johnson Controls and the branch, ensuring referrals and proposal requests.
5. Builds an environment that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service and exceed performance targets.
6. Recommends and supports staffing requirements for the assigned Service business. Serves as a communication channel to share the best practice strategies and results that will enable growth.
7. Audits the effectiveness of service operations and makes changes to improve performance. Ensures that contractual obligations are completed and customer satisfaction is achieved.
8. Drives operational review meetings, reviewing proposals and estimates for accuracy.
9. Coaches SMTBs on appropriate levels of operating and overhead expenses incurred in service operations. Leverages service operations activities and functions across assigned territories. Ensures that tools and processes are executed according to established standards to achieve customer satisfaction at the most effective cost.
10. Together with the Sales, manages the appropriate assignment of customer accounts between service operations and the salesforce.
11. Analyzes operations processes and provide recommendations for improvements. Analyzes service operations to identify potential customers/markets. Implements required changes on pricing and gross margins.
12. Executes other managerial responsibilities, i.e., hiring, performance reviews and acquisitions consistent with established business strategy. Recruits, hires, and retains Service support operational staff. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix functional manager. Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly 'one-on-one(s)', operational and financial reviews.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience. Masters degree preferred.
Eight to ten or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Service Industry including five or more years of direct management experience. Previous sales and/or Account Management experience desired as well as industry networking. Will consider experienced Sales Mgr within our industry.
High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences. Able to lead and direct diverse teams.
Able to travel up to 50% of time--day travel to visit our customers in the local area.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.