Branch Service Manager II
What you will do
Under general direction, manages a truck based service business, grows the labor and material business, and delivers customer satisfaction plans, including revenue, gross margin and service asset management. Deploys and maintains standardized tools, systems and support for the assigned Service Teams. Manages the resources to maximize customer satisfaction and improve productivity and profitability. Effectively recruits, develops and retains employees. Ensures overall operational excellence and service growth.
How you will do it
In this role, you will:
• Leads the execution efforts of the Service truck based business. Ensures consistency of delivery systems across the territory. Manages the branch service truck based execution business and financial plans.
• Drives profitable growth through effective management of assigned assets (people, financial and material). Manages assigned assets in a manner that meets or exceeds profitability goals.
• With the Branch General Manager, develops strategic operating plans for the assigned Service Business that aligns with SSA goals and visions. This includes participating on strategic Account Plans, annual financial and operating plans, revenue and margin forecasts.
• Leads efforts to identify, secure and retain service customers by actively networking with community business, governmental and professional leadership; establishing relationships that enhance the local reputation of Johnson Controls and the branch, ensuring referrals and proposal requests.
• Builds an environment that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service and exceed performance targets.
• Recommends and supports staffing requirements for the assigned Service business. Serves as a communication channel to share the best practice strategies and results that will enable growth.
• Audits the effectiveness of service operations and makes changes to improve performance. Ensures that contractual obligations are completed and customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Drives operational review meetings, reviewing proposals and estimates for accuracy.
• Coaches SMTBs on appropriate levels of operating and overhead expenses incurred in service operations. Leverages service operations activities and functions across assigned territories. Ensures that tools and processes are executed according to established standards to achieve customer satisfaction at the most effective cost.
• Together with the Sales, manages the appropriate assignment of customer accounts between service operations and the salesforce.
• Analyzes operations processes and provide recommendations for improvements. Analyzes service operations to identify potential customers/markets. Implements required changes on pricing and gross margins.
• Executes other managerial responsibilities, i.e., hiring, performance reviews and acquisitions consistent with established business strategy. Recruits, hires, and retains Service support operational staff. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix functional manager. Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly 'one-on-one(s)', operational and financial reviews.
The Branch Service Manager is actively involved in the local service community, industry organizations, and charity organizations and face-to-face networking with technical schools, community colleges, and local union leadership.
• Assists the Branch General Manager on the successful execution of the service strategies and objectives.
• Assists the Branch General Manager to effectively plan for the future operational resource needs and assists in allocating resources throughout the assigned territory to meet near term commitments.
Assists the Branch General Manager in the preparation of the annual service financial operating plan.
What we look for
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred. Eight to ten or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Service Industry including five or more years of direct management experience. Previous sales and/or Account Management experience desired as well as industry networking. High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to large audiences. Able to lead and direct diverse teams. Able to travel up to 50% of time. In this role you will cover Gainesville, Tallahassee and Jacksonville locations.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.