In the absence of the Branch Manager, the Branch Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for all distribution, safety, training, personnel, maintenance, dispatching and other activities as required. In the absence of the Branch Manager, the Branch Warehouse Supervisor will supervise all of the facility personnel to include operators, drivers and administration. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with minimum supervision, and have the desire to lead and motivate the employees and ensure top notch customer satisfaction. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise drivers and maintain warehouse.
- Ensure all customers receive quality customer service from company associates.
- Checks accounts receivable as to status of existing accounts; communicates with credit department and contacts customers regarding overdue payments.
- Keeps Branch Manager informed of day-to-day activity and any issues that may need to be resolved.
- Responsible for all operations associated with the branch including, routing and maintenance of delivery trucks, warehouse, inside sales, and compliance issues (paperwork).
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Branch Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years experience in the Warehouse/Distribution environment.
- Computer experience or basic knowledge in order entry system.
- Prefer to have CDL Class A or B with air brake endorsement
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have "hands-on" leadership skills and be willing to lead and set the example.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, energized and a proven self-starter.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee's own time.
- Ability to read, speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs. and frequent bending.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.