The Gatorade innovation and design team has an immediate opportunity for a full-time, in-house graphic designer. The brand wants to increase the in-house design capabilities with a new team of internal designers that will develop and support design work for the marketing department. This group will be responsible for development of different marketing materials for Gatorade and Propel including but not limited to: point of sale (POS), packaging and digital platforms, as well as supporting innovation projects (concept renderings, consumer insight testing stimuli, etc.).
Candidate is responsible for designing for global and domestic packaging and POS in addition to our design agencies. The position reports to the Brand Design Manager in the innovation and design team within the Gatorade Division of PepsiCo.Essential Functions:
Critical Skills Include:
- Accountable for the flawless and on-time development and execution of packaging and POS design and execution for the Gatorade and Propel brands
- Design and deliver packaging artwork for Gatorade and Propel brands in the US. Executions include: labels, shrink-wraps, canisters, pouches and other forms of primary or secondary packaging. Develop production-ready graphic elements to release to production agencies.
- Partner with the international team to develop and deliver packaging elements for international markets. Release artwork to local markets to develop production-ready files.
- Design and deliver POS artwork for US and International markets including but not limited to: in-store signage, product displays, coupons and other promotional materials. Release artwork to markets or production agencies for print execution.
- Support Brand Design Manager in developing additional artwork for the brand including brand standards, visual identity guidelines, toolkits, templates and internal communication pieces.
- Collaborate effectively with internal, external and international teams to ensure designs provided meet the overall strategic objectives and goals for any given program.
- Maintain effective agency/supplier relationships to ensure accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Understand and communicate emerging design trends in the point of sale and packaging space.
- Strong design skills/aesthetic
- Experience in packaging and POS design required, digital experience preferred
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Understanding of brand and packaging strategies
- Ability to defend strategy of work
- Proven oral and written communication
- Ability to work as a key member of cross functional project teams
- Understanding of food packaging laws and regulations
- Consumer and competitive understanding
- Attention to detail
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor degree in design
- 2-4 years of experience in graphic design in packaging and point of sale materials
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience in retouching required. HTML and digital experience a plus. 3D rendering experience a plus.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to completion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of the design, packaging, production, and printing process
- Portfolio showcasing print work, packaging, retouching, typography and on trend design concepts
Not Eligible for Relocation