Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our user's experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced brand marketing manager to join our Latin American marketing team, based in the Irvine headquarters (HQ). This person will work closely with the Publishing manager from within a franchise-specific team, consisting of PR and Community Managers. They will also work with our local marketing teams to grow our marketing effectiveness in the region.Responsibilities
- Responsible for 1-3 franchises in the region.
- Development of annual marketing strategies in the region, while working with their franchise team, territory marketing teams and other departments, to ensure that their strategies deliver against the global brand vision, and annual business targets. Manage ongoing updates to the plans, and ensure that they are executed efficiently and effectively.
- Devise and control the franchise budget for the region, defining the best allocation of it in each sub-region.
- Develop an effective communication strategy with their franchise team, between the headquarters marketing teams, project managers, developers and local marketing teams.
- Ensure all marketing approval submissions to Blizzard HQ are in-line with stated strategies and meet Blizzard's high standard of excellence.
- Create monetization strategies for the results optimization with the Pricing manager.
- Provide frequent reports and analysis of the franchise business and marketing campaigns to different functional teams.
- Develop presentations for the franchise with their franchise team, to ensure the brand positioning is properly communicated to different stakeholders, including sales, partners, and agencies.
- Regularly travel to regional office locations to meet with local marketing teams to exchange ideas, observe local market conditions, and meet with partners.
- Assist in the evaluation of new market opportunities, including distribution, pricing, placement, and product needs for new territories.
Required Application Materials
- MBA degree in marketing or related field
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- A minimum of 6 years' professional experience in brand marketing
- International marketing experience is a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Passion for video games and deep knowledge of the gaming industry; Blizzard player is a big plus.
- Ability to travel overseas
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.