The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard's experience in esports with the best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is slated to launch later this year.
We are seeking an experienced brand manager to join the Overwatch League who is passionate about implementing large-scale marketing campaigns that foster loyal, engaged fans. The person in this role will work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing to help build world-class marketing programs that establish the League as the premier global professional esports experience. The brand manager will be responsible for supporting a wide range of brand development activities, including marketing plan creation and execution, promotion of key assets such as the website, and driving fan touchpoints communications strategy and implementation.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic steward of brand marketing with excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in the gaming, sports, entertainment, or lifestyle industries. This position will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for the Overwatch League.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute promotional programs to increase fan engagement and viewership, while monitoring budget and maintaining alignment with brand positioning
- Drive fan development and fan base growth in key target market segments
- Project-manage all marketing initiatives, ensuring deliverables are executed on time with required approvals
- Collaborate with internal database marketing / CRM team in creating fan communications and audience segmentation strategies
- Identify consumer research needs and help analyze fan feedback through qualitative and quantitative research efforts alongside the Business Intelligence team
- Serve as liaison with internal regional publishing teams to ensure that global strategies and priorities are clear, and work with regional teams to support local marketing needs and approvals
- Partner with the Overwatch League's professional teams to collect feedback, deliver best practices, and fulfill marketing-related requests
- Work closely with the League's community and social media managers to promote and advertise marketing initiatives and events
- Closely monitor and analyze core key performance indicators, such as viewership, fan database growth, market share trends, and competitive analysis
- Work with external marketing and branding partners such as agencies with smooth and efficient communication
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- Minimum five years' experience in consumer brand marketing, ideally in gaming, professional sports, entertainment, or lifestyle industries
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Experience developing marketing plans and business strategy
- Excellent written and verbal business communications skills
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional environment
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms
Required Application Materials
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, particularly Overwatch
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.