Brazer 1 - Largo
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Largo, Florida
Posted: November 29, 2017
Reference ID: 155433
Brazer I under frequent supervisor and direction from area supervisor must be able to perform a combination of welding and testing tasks to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards. Brazer I typically weld similar materials together (mainly copper) using a filler material.
1. Performs a brazing using a gas torch welding similar materials together (mainly copper) using a filler material. Performs standard soft copper brazing in coils, headers, and partial valve pack materials following detailed work instructions, processes and procedures (written and verbal) to meet and exceed customer expectations. Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, engineering drawings, and shop orders to weld coil units. Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
2. Safety Awareness Take responsibility for their own safety as well as the safety of others. Understand the proper processes/equipment in the department. Knowledge of JSA's, PPE usage, 5S, and all safety regulations in the facility. Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions and complies with all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
3. Quality - Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisors. Performs first article inspection for conformance to specifications both blue print and work order.
4. Teamwork - Builds teamwork by working with other departments, shifts, and management to meet and exceed customer expectations. Communicate regularly and effectively with co-workers, utilities, coordinators, and management and reports problems with safety, quality, processes, equipment, materials, and/or questionable conditions to the Department Supervisor. Displays professionalism in the workplace, able to perform duties during times of stress and pressure.
5. Continuous Improvement - Ability to manage time and deliver results. Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions with the understanding of value-add versus non-value add activities and improve the ratio.
6. Flexibility. Availability to work overtime and/or move between shifts for training and/or coverage purposes to support production as needed. Will train on and be expected to perform in all areas of the department.
7. Demonstrated ability to use computer utilizing software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and ERP systems. Relevant knowledge to look up production orders, key parts into inventory, and use the system as a tool to assist in production.
8. Perform other assignments as directed by management.
Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and six months of experience. Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment. Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Demonstrates an attention to detail. Ability to read, communicate and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints and engineering drawings in the English Language.
Must successfully complete the JCI Brazer training within 30 days of starting the position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work in a noisy, dusty, industrial/manufacturing environment, and exposed to non-toxic fumes, chemicals, grease and oils
2. Ability to work with machinery and moving parts
3. Ability to operate crane, truck, motor vehicles
4. Ability to work with moving vehicles, ladders, and scaffolding
5. Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
6. Ability to properly lift/carry/push/pull/manipulate/transport up to 30 lbs
7. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, and frequently lift up to 40 lbs
8. Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
9. Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists
10. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface
11. Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, or similar activities
12. Ability to reach at high levels
13. Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English Language