Johnson Controls has multiple job openings at our plant in Wichita, KS. For immediate consideration for employment opportunities available at our location, please contact our local staffing agency partner, Randstad. UNITARY PRODUCTS -- WICHITA Job Description Job Title:BRAZER RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
To perform critical assembly line and sub assembly brazing operations on air conditioning units and associated equipment.
- Read and understand Operational Method Sheets (OMS) job instructions, handles material to and from work station.
- Performs critical brazing operations that require extreme care such as closeness of components and tubing being brazed.
- Maintains proper heating techniques that allow the flow of filler materials in upward, horizontal, and downward directions.
- Determines needed material preparation, filler metal and flux for variations in materials, adjusts torch flame and tips for critical brazing operations.
- Monitor and fill liquid flux equipment and storage containers, using JCI-Wichita's established methods.
- Inspects each part upon completion of brazing process.
- Performs own rework, reports material shortages and 5S standards sustained at green level are requirements of all work areas.
- Overtime is required to meet production demands and can include Saturdays and Sundays when necessary.
Never = 0%, Occasionally = 1%-33%, Frequently = 34%-65%, Constantly = 66%-100%, E=Essential Function
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must attend and pass the Johnson Controls Manufacturing Training and Safety class.
- Requires successful completion of brazing qualifying class and testing, in accordance to Johnson Controls Manufacturing standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and Operational Method Sheets (OMS).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is very loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific Job Demands Amount of Time Activity
Never Occasionally Frequently Constantly Floor to waist lift
Above waist lift
Forward bending standing
Forward bending sitting
Trunk rotation - standing
Trunk rotation - sitting
Reach - above shoulder
Reach - at shoulder or below
Hand eye foot coordination Manual Materials Handling Activity Maximum Weight Maximum Distance (V/H)
Floor to waist lift
Above waist lift
The above description is concise, and is not intended to include all details of the job.
- The employee in this job must be knowledgeable of and follow all Company safety policies and procedures.
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION Kansas City Area Office
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
This Notice is being posted as part of the remedy agreed to pursuant to a conciliation agreement between Johnson Controls, Inc. and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Federal law requires that there be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the in individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or genetic information with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
Johnson Controls, Inc. supports and will comply with such Federal law in all respects and will not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law.
Specifically, Johnson Controls, Inc. will not: (1) base employment decisions on the disability or perceived disability of an applicant; (2) make pre-offer of employment medical inquires or examinations; or (3) use the Medical Questionnaire, Tinel's Sign, Phalen's Maneuver, or Finkelstein's tests in the medical examinations of applicants or employees to determine susceptibility to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome prior to any offer rind acceptance of employment. In the future, if any applicants for temporary employment experiences illegal discrimination based on the Company's conduct, such individuals will be made whole for any losses they incurred as a result of such conduct, consistent with legal requirements.