A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services.
At Suddenlink, we respect the individuality of all members of our team and value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce. Suddenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Responsibilities: Job Summary
Under supervision the Suddenlink Broadband Technician (BBT) I installs and disconnects company services including video, data and telephone. Performs basic troubleshooting at time of installation from tap to customer's electronic devices. Educates customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits. Responsibilities
- Provides quality internal and external customer service reflecting the Company values
- Resolves issues at installation from customer's electronic devices to tap
- Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
- Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquires about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
- Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
- Meets scheduled appointment windows
- Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile computer
- Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics (may include crawling, bending, reaching, twisting)
- Ability to drive company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
Click the link below to see a day in the life of a BBT.
https://vimeo.com/user39114298/review/127751215/454b138b54 Qualifications: Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Qualified to obtain all necessary licenses required by the state in which he/she is installing and/or servicing Suddenlink security services (if applicable).
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within Company standards
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
- Field service experience with cable, telecommunications or electronic equipment preferred
- Customer service and sales experience preferred
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
Suddenlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Altice, a leading global communications company, has brought together Cablevision and Suddenlink.