SUMMARYThe Broadcast System I.T. Analyst is responsible for maintaining the broadcast I.T. infrastructure while providing service to broadcast operations, media management, and transmission platforms in a 24/7 news broadcast environment. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experience, and training to actively manage broadcast I.T. systems and resolve client issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for administrating Broadcast I.T. infrastructure including routers, switches, Active Directory, NAS, and SAN.
- Plan continuous Broadcast I.T. infrastructure component updates to further increase system reliability and stability under the guidance of management.
- Refine and improve current applications and systems for user experience.
- Propose best practice solutions and document workflows that addresses system deficiencies
and user needs.
- Insures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure
Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast I.T. system new builds or upgrades.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Provide onsite support for broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7
news production and origination
- Capture and gather logs and work collaboratively with technical teams to escalate and follow up on reported issues with vendors to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast
- The individual must be able to travel and work weekends as assigned to support live news broadcasts and to support any broadcast IT issues that arise
- Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in
house repair or equipment replacement
- Installs and upgrades systems components and software
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment.
- Administration background within a broadcast I.T. environment.
- Good understanding of video formats, file transfer protocols, and Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
- Working understanding of network equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administrative knowledge of Mac, Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
- Administrative knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Individual could be asked to be on call.
- Schedule is subject to change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.