The IT Engineer partners with the NYS Engineering and Technical Operations team to design and architect Broadcast IT infrastructure supporting 24/7 news/sports production environment. The System IT Engineer is responsible for all Broadcast I.T. technical facilities, equipment and software applications for local sports operations including workstations, servers, phones, networks, databases, automation systems, and video and editing equipment used for production and program origination. The region of responsibility includes Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Middletown and other areas as needed.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Primary Responsibilities (60%) – Design and Architect
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Operations team to develop Broadcast I.T. systems supporting local news/sports production
- Document and maintains Broadcast I.T. system and contribution network infrastructure diagrams.
- Gather user production workflow requirements and implements Broadcast I.T. technologies to further enhance production efficiency.
- Insures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure.
- Manage vendors and system integrators in Broadcast I.T. System new builds or upgrades.
- Secondary Responsibilities (40%) – Region Support
- Provide onsite support for Broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7 sports production and origination.
- Quickly diagnose and implement fix agents or develop alternative methods to overcome unexpected technical problems to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast.
- The individual must be able to travel and work weekends when needed to support live news/sports broadcasts and to support any Broadcast IT issues that arise.
- Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
- Documents and maintains equipment maintenance history database and generates status reports for both users and supervisor.
- Closely work with multiple service providers in maintaining station’s WAN connectivity to outside world
- Installs and upgrades systems components and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment. 4 year degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Knowledge of ASA Firewalls.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and XP workstations.
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server a plus.
- Must be familiar with TCP/IP Network topologies, VLANS and Cisco WAN/LAN switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and network monitoring tools.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Individual could be asked to be on call. Schedule is subject to change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Only applicants who apply online at https://jobs.spectrum.com/
will be considered.Charter supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.