Brokerage Operations Assoc - Capital One Investing - Wilmington, DE OR Plano, TX
Just a cool company looking for cool people. At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the punch of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, we recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and WOW customers. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of customers.
Capital One Investing is booming in Plano, TX. If you think you’re a fit for our team, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you a daily out of the box thinker?
- Do you like to work smarter, not harder?
- Is your motto, “the only thing that is constant is change?”
This position is the subject matter expert within an assigned functional area of Brokerage Operations. Functional area(s) are related to operational processing, vendor management and risk & control within Broker Dealer, Investment Advisor, and Insurance Agency Operations. Ensuring that all functions are performed timely with a high quality standard is essential for this role.
The position will be responsible for processes and tasks that will require analytical thinking, judgment, and decision making based on business policy and industry rules and regulations including but not limited to FINRA, SEC, IRS, Fed Reserves, NACHA and OCC. Ensuring compliance with industry regulation and Capital One control standards is vital in this role. This person will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvements to policies and procedures, maintaining process efficiencies, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
Individuals in this role will need to build rapport with internal and external customers. They will be relied on to answer all inquiries and resolve all problems related to their area of expertise, as well as, most general questions about back office operating procedures and brokerage policies.
- Perform as subject matter expert in the assigned areas(s)
- Minimize risk exposure to both client and firm
- Participate in user acceptance testing and post production testing
- Review, research and respond to customer escalations while providing an exceptional experience
- Work with various internal and external business partners to research and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in updating current procedures and documenting new procedures
- Provide training to team members or other departments
- Stay current on industry rules or regulations that pertain to areas of responsibility and advise management of upcoming changes
- Participate in business continuity testing and disaster recovery plans
- Identification and escalation of potential fraudulent activity
- Work with the team to improve work processes resulting in reduced costs for greater profitability, productivity and improved customer service quality
- Participate in departmental responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for production accuracy and meeting SLA requirements
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of brokerage industry experience or at least 2 years of operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of brokerage industry experience
- FINRA Series 4
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 24
- FINRA Series 63 and 65 or FINRA Series 66
- FINRA Series 99
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.