Brokerage Operations Sr. Manager - Capital One Investing
Just a cool company looking for cool people. At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the punch of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, we recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and WOW customers. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of customers. We dabble a little in financials too.
Capital One Investing is booming in Plano, TX. If you think you’re a fit for our team, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you a daily out of the box thinker?
- Do you like to work smarter, not harder?
- Is your motto, “the only thing that is constant is change?”
A successful Senior Manager must be both analytical and people oriented. This role is responsible for personnel development, contributions to strategic projects and identifying/analyzing areas of process improvement. This role should also anticipate changes in the business environment and develop plans to proactively address them, while also ensuring compliance with current and upcoming industry regulations. Personnel development will be a key component accomplished through training, coaching and mentoring. Strategic project contribution includes input on design and implementation of new product offerings and back office support systems.
The Senior Manager will also sponsor technological solutions that focus on improving processes and procedures. Senior Managers are directly responsible for identifying and developing Managers/Team Leads, as well as technical talent, for successful transition into higher levels of management or professional development. The Senior Manager must effectively present ideas and information and successfully champion their causes as well as present proposals and make decisions about the future direction of the department. They must embrace an integrated, total business philosophy, including revenue generation ideas and cost containment.
The Senior Manager of Brokerage Operations oversees multiple functions related to operational processing, vendor management and risk & control within Broker Dealer, Investment Advisor, and Insurance Agency Operations. Ensuring that all functions are performed timely with a high quality standard is a chief component of this role. Identifying appropriate staffing levels and recruiting will also be essential to success as well as establishing functional business strategies to enhance effectiveness of core servicing functions, ensuring consistency across sites.
The Senior Manager will also establish collaborative relationships with other departments and developing robust relationships with vendors, employing a customer-centric focus in all interactions. Risk awareness and aversion to both company and client are also imperative to successfully managing operations.
- Oversee all aspects of your department(s) functions and responsibilities
- Excellent working knowledge of Supervision/Oversight of brokerage back office processing
- Broad array of operational oversight and product support
- Expert focus on minimizing Operational Risk through preventative and detective controls
- Operational Improvement/Efficiency
- Champion for maintenance/improvement initiatives
- Audit Support/Leadership (internal & external)
- Develop and evolve vendor relationships/partnerships
- Personnel Development
- Supervision Career Track
- Contribution to Strategic Projects
- Direction/Leadership to technical roles and subject matter experts
- Foreseeing changes in the business environment, developing and executing plans to proactively address them
- Effectively represent the department to individuals throughout the company
- Responsible for production accuracy and meeting SLA requirements
- Ensure department compliance with current and upcoming industry regulations
- Travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills, with ability to negotiate with and influence others across all organizational levels; ability to motivate team to achieve superior results
- Experience leading a brokerage operations team
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment
- Effective presentation of ideas and information across all levels
- In-depth knowledge of FINRA/SEC regulations, investment products and operational processes
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 63
- FINRA Series 24
If you do not hold a specific FINRA license needed for this role, you may be required to obtain that license within 180 days from your start date as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of brokerage industry experience
- At least 6 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of financial services operations experience
- Master’s degree
- 10+ years of brokerage operations in clearing, settlement, back office or middle office
- 5+ years of managing managers
- FINRA Series 4
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.