Pacific Life implemented AWD a few years ago for the Prime Portal to help within their Life Insurance Division. Currently, their IPD system (a legacy system that helps track workflow for the insurance industry and 90% of the workflow) and is on dated technologies (VB6, etc.). Currently, they have an 18 month vision to go live completely with AWD by Q3 2017. Project is called the WAVES.
Conducts analysis on complex system requests and effectively translates business requirements into system functional and non-functional requirements. Thoroughly evaluates requests and understands their purposes and goals. Identifies and resolves gaps to ensure technical requirements are complete, accurate and actionable.
* Builds strong working relationships with the business requestors, business analysts, developers and testers o Identifies and escalates as necessary, gaps in requirement alignment with strategies as well as across projects and teams
* Clearly and completely documents system requirements
* Owns, manages and resolves questions, issues and risks related to requirements
* Ensures the developers and testers have the requirements they need to be successful and that they align to the business requirements
* Acts as the Subject Matter Expert on systems and answers questions from Customers regarding software Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe the essential functions and main responsibilities of the job, beginning with the most important, and identify the % of time spent on each.
* Responsible for activities including but not limited to create, maintain, and execute on delivery of business requirements, functional specifications, and test cases/steps
* Evaluate evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems
* Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve services and solve long-term problems
* Support and coordinate System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to enhancements to a production environment
* Triage production issues, provide a work around as applicable and work with appropriate teams or vendors to finding solutions
* Act as subject matter expert and support end users in the use of the overall system solution
* Support and coordinate Issue Management events from identification through resolution Minimum
Qualifications & Experience: List knowledge, skills, abilities, mental demands and behaviors; i.e. # years of experience, education level preferred, licenses and/or certifications, tolerance for multiple demands, ability to work with others, etc.
* Education - Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or analytical techniques.
o Specialized education in tools and techniques of business process analysis, reengineering, or project management is required.
* At least 5 years of experience as a Business/Systems Analyst. Experience must include working independently on large, complex projects that built or enhanced production software systems.
o Industry Experience - Prefer candidates with Life Insurance experience
• Experience with AWD or any Workflow/Business Process Management applications is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to work at the highest technical level of all phases of business systems analysis activities with accountability for results of operations and projects
* Ability to review application error logs and triage system issues
* Ability to understand complex system integrations
* Experience working within structured software life cycle and development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
* Experience with writing database queries (SQL)
* Experience with web application user interface design
* Familiarity with web services will be a plus
* Prior experience as an application/system developer is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize
* Excellent listening skills
* Self-starter, ability to work independently with strong initiative
* Working Conditions: List any hazardous or unpleasant working conditions, physical requirements, travel, or specific required work hours; i.e. able to sit for long periods of time, able to move a 50lb item, how much travel and where, on-call nights and weekends, etc
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.