What you’ll be doing...
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) Manager is a supervisory position within Verizon Telematics Information Technology Delivery division that manages a small team of BSA’s whose primary responsibility is the documentation, analysis, testing, and implementation of various IT enhancements. This manager will need to quickly and thoroughly understand the IT systems landscape, and document system and technical requirements that meet business needs and that fit in to that landscape. This person will be interacting with all levels of the organization and must have outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills. They will have a strong working relationship with both business owners and other groups within IT including Operations, Infrastructure, Data, Business Systems, and Development. The BSA Manager will:
- Manage a team of 5 or more business systems analysts who are responsible for not only coordinating key business stakeholders and IT resources but also properly documenting systems requirements that support the business needs
- Gather and document system requirements, assess stakeholder needs and issues, and document required processes for medium/large IT initiatives
- Review business systems requirements documentation and test cases/plans from the BSA team and provide coaching and constructive feedback to ensure requirements are clear, concise, and are grouped appropriately; this also includes identifying any gaps in requirements that will impact the business/systems processes
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and work with business leads to prioritize projects for the BSA team
- Work with vendors as needed to ensure business needs are met and documentation is complete and thorough
- Occasionally perform QA and coordinate UAT sessions with end users for enhancement requests and bug fixes for releases for all functional applications across the entire organization for all divisions worldwide
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. Prefer degree in Computer Information System or MIS
- At least 5 years of experience in a BSA role that involved heavy QA and Business Systems Analysis responsibilities
- At least 3 years in a managerial role with direct reports
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to document and transform end-user requirements into system specifications and test cases
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and IT processes relating to requirements gathering, testing, change management, and overall project implementation
- Strong aptitude and adherence to various SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, XP, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative in researching problems and proposing solutions
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Knowledge and Use of requirements documentation tools and automated testing software
- Knowledge of the full testing lifecycle
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Care, etc.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment
- Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems (like Salesforce/NetSuite/Oracle/SAP)
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- Experience with working with a PMO office and project managers
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.