The BT Operations Process Manager provides holistic oversight for change and incident activities of a shift within the Command Center. They are not people managers but instead guide the EM, IM, and PS teams through change activities and production impacting events.
They ensure IMs are adequately assigned and managing Enterprise Incidents. They ensure that responsible owners of applications or infrastructure are engaged to drive resolution per CSMG. They ensure Changes are being coordinated, tracked, and validated. They are the management contact to ensure communication via Alerts or Management Summaries are sent as required. They prepare and provide turnover for incoming shifts of the current environment state and any special circumstances.
*** This position can be located in either the Buckeye Data Center (New Albany, OH), OR in the Riverwoods, IL, Command Center locations ***
* Critical Applications (Crit, Key, Core)
* Critical Infrastructure (Proxies, Firewalls, Databases, Network Zones, Platforms - Mainframe, Distributed Win/Unix, PaaS/Cloud - PCF, AWS
* Payment Networks - Discover Network, Diners International, PULSE
* Reduce CC MOD / CC DOD workload on 3rd shift
* Provide umbrella overview of changes and production impacting events for shift
* Provide turn over to incoming shift
* Review CAB outputs for upcoming change activity
* Oversee Change implementations on day to day basis
* Relate known outages/maintenance (from changes) to reported impact
* Partner with PMs / release coordinators on AD and Infra
* Coordinate major change activity
* Comprehensive knowledge of batch streams
* Expertise in scheduling consoles - OPC, Autosys, IWS(Maestro)
* Understanding of EWTs, SLAs and when/how customer facing impact occurs
* Ensure management summary of issues are provided
* Approval of Alerts, ensuring accurate identification of Business Services and gathering of agent/customer impact
* Coordinate impact validation with WFM/SLM, DCOE, BAs and EUS
* Coordinating IM activities when multiple INCs are ongoing
* Relate Incidents to Changes
* Ensure proper engagement and escalation of support teams by INC priority
* Ensure designated problem owner is driving RRT call
* Tool Usage - review Netcool events received and tie to Incidents
* Tool Usage - corroborate report impact in tools (AppD, CLS, CA UIM, Keynote)
* Follow established procedures to diagnose and trouble-shoot system events
* Analyze, determine, and document reported production outages/incidents
* Answer incoming customer phone calls
* Engage and coordinate with 3rd party vendors (i.e. AT&T, IBM and Sprint)
* Determine severity, impact, and nature of incidents
* Monitor and acknowledge system events
* Communicate, and/or Escalate to 2nd Level Support Teams, if need exists
* Perform basic Unix troubleshooting in accordance with SOPs
* Enter pertinent information and updates of reported incidents in Service Center
* Monitor jobs for all applications to which schedules are managed by Maestro
* Participate in RRT (Rapid Response Team) conference calls.
* Reset client passwords according to information security guidelines.
* Perform periodic ticket reviews of the Command Center ticket management, and implementation queues and take action as needed
* Manage Corporate RRT
* Manage engagements/notifications/updates/processes coming out of the RRT process.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent work experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years work experience
* Must have Help Desk/Call Center experience
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.