‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Act as strategic partner for JSC Planning worldwide. Define technology strategy and negotiate technology options with business partners. Act as a single point of contact and is the only gate for non-trivial activities to IT for JSC Planning
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- “Technology strategist” who spans multiple technology solutions: Defines technology strategy for business partners maintaining an Outside-In perspective and focus; Manage business expectations and keep business aligned to business requirements; Understands competition and how they use technology; Oversees internal and external collaborations. Develops and articulates product line vision, goals and business value across product lines. Prioritizes and aligns with business and IT stakeholders. Engages Enterprise Architecture to ensure all enterprise IT programs and strategies are fully implemented and the ESP IT processes are fully leveraged in the organization to ensure maximum efficiency – includes program management, investment management, and financial performance. Leads digital business transformation. The BTL will champion the adoption of digital approaches across JSC Planning and ensure long term alignment to strategy by setting guidelines and governing cross-portfolio digital business priorities and roadmaps.
- Investment manager: Defines priorities for business and associated technology investments for JSC Planning; Accountable for all aspects of delivery; Manages portfolio of investments. Accountable for BP creation, value proposition definition and owns funding.
- Business IT interface: A critical point of contact for IT to IT service delivery; Understands core internal IT products and ability to drive business value; Drives business partners towards standard solutions; Coordinates with other BU BTLs; Ensures business value realization. Develop and deliver core capability offerings and new technologies to drive business value
- Customer Focus & Management: Direct collaboration with customers to enable and support Triple Aim programs and / or end to end supply chain programs improving access and affordability; Continuous improvement of the IT operating model
- Business Process Improvement: Identify process “pain points” and early improvement opportunities; Build business case for improvement initiatives (e.g., impact, feasibility, and investment required); Create implementation plans for improvement initiatives including timeline, owner, and key milestones
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Required Minimum Education: 4-year Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Required Years of Related Experience: 8+ years
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a global environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional service orientation
- Strong negotiating skills
- Has deep understanding of business value and IT capabilities for Planning, and able to relate priorities to associated technology investments.
- Experience effectively collaborating and managing stakeholders
- Knowledge of IT trends (e.g., internet of things, big data)
- Expertise driving adoption of IT to improve business and supply chain operations Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Able to drive business process improvements
- Able to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into product decisions for team
- Able to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to drive “digitization” of major business operation
- Experience working in a Shared Services IT Operating model where development and support services are provided by shared services organizations that support multiple functional and organizational units
- Key competencies: Knowledge of business (Supply Chain Planning and/or Healthcare business), Tech-based innovation (Technology Trends, IT Product Expertise), Business & data analytics (Data Management, Data Driven Insights), IT planning & portfolio management (Planning, Program / Project Management)
This individual will need to align stakeholders and development teams around common measurable goals, and continue to entice and engage business into the product development process. They will need to ensure business processes are mapped and leaned before automation and ensure that the full business value is realized by the business through the IT capabilities implemented. This individual should have a strong view of external capabilities in the market and their ability to drive business value.
- Travel on the Job: 31% - 40% international travel
- Required Years of People Management Experience: 5+ years
- Preferred Minimum Education: 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Area of Study: Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Experience managing IT in Supply Chain for Big Pharma company in a global role
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- APICS certification
- Experience in lean, six sigma, kaizen, business process mapping and leaning
- Experience in advanced supply chain and information technologies such as virtual infrastructure, cloud, data & advanced analytics, automation and execution systems.
- Considerable knowledge of healthcare, business theory, processes, management, budgeting and business / supply chain operations.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle, strong knowledge of core technical platforms.
- Extensive experience in Planning Processes
- knowledge of technical engineering best practices,
- Experience with agile methodology – for SAP / ERP projects and/or Supply Chain projects such as planning, Manufacturing
- Ability to drive “digitization” of supply chain operation
- Managing SAP platforms and services
- Key competencies: External partner management, Architecture (Enterprise Architecture, Solution & Implementation Architecture), Development & Maintenance (Development, Support, and Integration), IT Infrastructure (Cloud, Platform, Physical hardware / data center environment), Service operations (ITIL, Information Security, GxP, Continuous Improvement)
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)Job Function