Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Build and Release Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. We are looking for a highly motivated, high-energy individual to lead development operations for mission critical GE-wide enterprise platforms. This individual will be a member of a dynamic team, a key contributor and project leader, working on emerging web and mobile technologies, and delivering on key projects.
* Lead the day-to-day operations of Enterprise, Cloud and Mobile environments including hands-on technical and development responsibilities within the infrastructure technology stacks
* Manage a team of on-shore & off-shore technical resources responsible for the day-to-day operations
* Represent application teams for all incident management and problem management efforts related to infrastructure and operational services
* Drive the development of process standards regarding change control and change management
* Lead simplification initiatives to reduce infrastructure and process complexity
* Explore opportunities for improving uptime, performance and
* Lead highly visible systems and infrastructure related projects to realize productivity and solve business problems leveraging best in class technology
* Work with the Technical Services team to drive systems standards and best practices, identify and promote new infrastructure tools and align standards and best practices
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR in lieu of a degree a minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience delivering large-scale, enterprise-wide web and mobile applications
* Minimum 3 years of experience with server infrastructure
* Minimum 3 years of experience with implementations of continuous integration, automation, monitoring, build and deployment solutions
* Minimum 3 years of experience administering middleware technologies
* Minimum 3 years of experience of backend, messaging and database technologies
* Minimum 3 years of experience of networking and security infrastructure
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Excellent project management skills
* Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
* Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
* Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.