Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Build & Release Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Alpharetta, Atlanta
The Network Engineer will design & build network solutions to enable the 300,000+ GE employees across the globe. The professional will contribute to network strategy and drive delivery of network initiatives for one of the largest commercial networks in the world.
* Partner with senior engineers to create tactical designs, configurations, scripts, and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions and transition to operational support
* Contribute to lifecycle management process including capacity & obsolescence risk assessments, certification & implementation of new hardware, software, & features, and maintenance of technology stack, standard configurations, & documentation
* Contribute to strategic WAN product designs to support global business connectivity requirements.
* Support Senior Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to bring cutting edge networking technology to the environment through New Technology Introduction (NTI) efforts
* Collaborate with peer infrastructure teams, business application teams, and suppliers to contribute to or lead site programs that enable GE's infrastructure capabilities
* Identifying ways to lean and improve hands on work processes via automation and standardization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.
* Must be willing to work out of a GE Hub/Spoke Location
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* 2 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure
* Cisco Certifications such as CCNA, CCDA, etc.
* Knowledge of WAN/LAN support and engineering design & build functions.
* Experience with network management tools, scripting, or automation
* Familiarity with virtualization, SDN, automation and similar constructs a plus
* Embraces change and ability to work in a fluid environment
* Shows a passion to learn and inclusive in approach
Section 19 JobYOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.