Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
The Builder's Direct Desk Agent provides customer service for the construction department by serving as a point of contact for the customer and acting as liaison between the customer and operations. This position manages inbound calls, sells small contractors, manages all contractor service needs and provides outside sales rep support. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Fields incoming calls for the construction department.
- Acts as lead contact for and liaison to construction customers and operations.
- Works to understand customers' needs, issues and requests.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers, operations, sales and set-up departments to resolve issues including escalated and complex customer service issues.
- Communicates and coordinates with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed pick-ups and other customer-related issues.
- Initiates outbound calls to customers to ensure resolution of issues, customer satisfaction and to build loyalty.
- Provides information and education to customers regarding service options, charges and billing questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 2 years of previous Customer Service experience and leading others.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- General Competencies Include:
- Customer Service
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Think Strategically
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.