Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
This position entails operating, programming, and analyzing the BAS, and it reports to the Mechanical and Plumbing Supervisor.
- Manage and maintain the BAS
- Identifying, developing and instituting BAS modifications to drive mechanical and technical labor efficiencies and low energy usage measures.
- Ensure that any modifications are effectively communicated.
- Overall safety, thermal comfort, optimal performance, and reliability shall be the daily focus.
- Train technicians on manual, automated and global trending of devices and systems to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Communicate system deficiencies in the DDC/pneumatic systems, recommend appropriate changes, assist in coordinating activities between various groups, provide project management direction and training as needed, and develop, document, and implement formal metrics and goals reporting.
- Review and provide written comments and recommendations on related renovation and new construction drawings to ensure the project and design team has adhered to Trinity College and industry standards.
- As appropriate, attend design, construction, and turnover meetings to review and comment on the sequence of operations, including operating schedules, set points, alarms, manufacturer and operational limits, PID loop parameters, and opportunities for relationship based control.
- Create and utilize the BAS audit tools to ensure system communications, performance, and security are consistent and maintained.
- Coordinate BAS, network, and service activities with Trinity College Facilities Operations and Trinity College Information Technology Department.
- Required Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years BAS operations & HVAC service experience
- Preference is given to a associate's degree in a related technical field
- Prior experience assessing BAS hardware and software to create plans that optimize system performance including quantifiable opportunities that result in energy savings along with tracking, verification, and reporting of results
- Ability to manage, service, diagnosis and implement corrective actions within a large campus system consisting of complex building control systems
- Have a strong working knowledge of complex hydronic and air based systems, instrumentation, valves, actuators, and other types of controls.
- Direct experience with Carrier, JCI, and/or American Automatrix Control Systems
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Working familiarity of IT networks and computer systems and programming
- Ability to respond to emergencies in off-hours on a 24/7 basis.
- Regularly required to walk across the campus, climb stairs and ladders. Ability to see details and all colors, withstand hot and cold areas, and sit for periods of time working at a computer is also required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.