Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is responsible for developing new strategic accounts and existing key strategic account management. Account types include; end users, general contractors, mechanical contractors, property managers, and consultant engineers. Focus is on sales of systems and solutions with supporting service deliverables, especially system integration and installation services for HVAC, energy and customized software applications.
1. Maintain contact with accounts at all levels throughout the organization, from estimating and purchasing personnel to the executive level.
2. Seamlessly move from tactical sales efforts in the general construction marketplace to selling systems solutions to executive level decision-makers.
3. Maintain profitable growth of assigned accounts and turnkey projects.
4. Generate new business through alignment with other internal sales channels.
5. Expand and retain key accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
6. Set goals and objectives, develop sales/business plans, establish call plans and strategies, develop account profiles and execute these plans.
7. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through increased availability, timely communication and following up on accounts.
8. Identify and contact potential customers or prospects.
9. Easily navigate within any or all of the following vertical market segments; healthcare, life sciences, higher education, and data centers.
10. Develop and present energy efficiency designs and green solutions, related to Schneider Electric capabilities and expertise, to assigned accounts.
11. Ability to work in a collaborative environment and team sell multi-component solutions to assigned customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience.
Three (3) years related work experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent organizational skills.
TAC product knowledge a plus but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.