Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran WASTE MANAGEMENT NOW HIRING BUILDING CUSTODIAN OKLAHOMA CITY
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Maintains the premises of the building ensuring that they are clean and orderly, and performs minor and routine building maintenance tasks and maintains the grounds. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities IV. Qualifications
- Removes trash, including picking up trash in parking lot and around exterior of building.
- Cleans restrooms daily, including maintaining hand towels, tissues and soap.
- Sweeps, wet mops and spray buffs tile floors.
- Scrubs and recoats floors once a month, and strips and refinishes all floors once a year.
- Vacuums carpets, furniture, drapes and other fabrics.
- Maintains stairwells, including cleaning and polishing handrails.
- Dusts and cleans walls, doors, windows, woodwork and furniture.
- Dusts and cleans air/return vents and changes filters.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains lawn and trims shrubbery.
- Performs room set up for conferences, lectures and special events.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Six months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.