A HVAC Engineer must be skilled in one of the following technical areas: ventilating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical work and heating plant maintenance. A HVAC Engineer is required to start, operate, repair and maintain all types of central and package air conditioning plants used for controlling space temperature and humidity in buildings.
- Reviews and interprets work order forms, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Maintains and repairs refrigeration compressors, coils, valves, condensers, cooling towers, pumps and other associated cooling equipment.
- Starts, operates, repairs and maintains various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment.
- Maintains and repairs air handling equipment.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of equipment and the control of temperature and humidity.
- Maintains and repairs motor controllers and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Uses general and special tools, test meters, and gauges commonly used in connection with air conditioning, air handling and heating plant maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains sump pumps and associated controls and other peripheral building equipment.
- Performs inspections and makes repairs on equipment or systems as required by Verizon Practices and/or local ordinances.
- Moves and/or lifts weight up to 100 pounds.
- Cares for one or more building locating.
- Travels from the building to another by public transportation or Company vehicle.
- Works aloft from ladders, platforms, scaffolds and in high areas.
Weekly Rate: $459.00 - $1704.00
This position requires you must possess a:
- Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Refrigeration machinery operation license issued by state of New York Fire Department.
Building Maint Qual Test
Real Estate Field SI
Test Preview Test Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is a Federal Contractor
Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.