Grow with us your Mechanical Expertise in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to operations, quality food safety, and environmental health and safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Building Systems Mechanic at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Troubleshooting and Repairing all building systems
- Performing preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Following all safety, food safety & GMP expectations and guidelines
- Reading schematics & drawings to complete certain duties
- Conducting daily systems checks to ensure compliance
- Responding to emergency breakdowns with a sense of urgency
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in the Building Systems Mechanic, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Frequently demonstrated experience within trouble shooting and repairing building systems, including but not limited to the following:
- Boiler and Steam systems
- Refrigeration including HVAC and chilled water systems
- Air compressor systems & related equipment
- Environmental equipment including oxidizers & waste treatment systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be on call at times in case of emergency break down
- Must be able to work independently, and with a team as needed
- Physically must be able to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 LBS at a time
- Physically must be able to work in hot and cold environments
- Must be comfortable with heights while working
- Candidate must work all of their scheduled shifts, including: nights, weekends, holidays, and OT up to a 16-hour shift
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
- Live within 30 minutes of plant for responding to on call requests in a timely manner
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: