Full Time - Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas community because of our outstanding team of nurses, medical professionals and physicians . We are the market leader. More people turn to our San Antonio doctors than any other hospital or system when they need healthcare.
Methodist Healthcare is more than doctors and nurses, technicians and therapists. We rely on people with non-clinical hospital jobs to keep things running smoothly. At Methodist Healthcare, you're very important. We recognize the professional commitment it takes to support excellent healthcare. We recognize - and appreciate - the people who work in service and healthcare administration jobs. We are 'Serving Humanity to Honor God' by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all, and we invite you to be part of the best - JoinMEthodist.
We are currently seeking a Building Tech III-Plant Operator to join our Methodist Hospital team. The Building Tech III-Plant Operator is responsible for maintenance and maintaining the operation and in a state of readiness all plant equipment including: Gas or oil fired boilers, centrifugal water chillers, clinical air pumps, clinical vacuum pumps, clinical gases, liquid oxygen systems and auxiliary gear common to hospitals. He/she must respond to emergencies to include the operation of the emergency electric generators and the fire alarm panel in controlling fire spread. He/she applies knowledge of operating principles in electricity, plumbing, hydraulics, mechanics, drive belts, drive chains, fire alarm systems, and blue print reading and interpretation. Consistently practices safe working habits and follows all regulatory and Hospital standards and policies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operation of all plant machinery under emergency conditions. Continuously alert to emergency operations needs readiness to react to these needs in such a manner that delivery of plant operations services are always as near to normal as possible.
2. On notice of fire alarm, shut down all air supply to affected area and communicate with PBX operator to clear alarm or call fire department.
3. Applies knowledge of medical gases and monitors quantity and pressure of an uninterrupted supply of clinical air, vacuum, gases and liquid oxygen to the hospital. Order necessary supplies.
4. Monitor operations data presented by gages and operation data panels; accurately record data in log book. Make suitable and appropriate operational changes as shown by this data and operate all plant machinery in normal mode.
5. Perform maintenance and preventive maintenance as required on all machines, pipe systems, boiler, cooling tower, and other systems and auxiliaries common to hospital plant operations. Properly operate, test, sample, and deliver water samples from the emergency water well by licensed operators to the city health department water. Implements lockout/tag out procedure to ensure safety to self and others as directed by OSHA. Evaluates chiller readings to ensure efficient and correct function of chiller operation; Applies knowledge of different styles of controllers and applies controller theory for adjustments. Tests for negative or positive pressure in any given room; maintains steam pressure in the buildings.
6. Maintain and calibrate all pneumatic and computer driven thermostats in the hospital. Test and document results of humidity in operating rooms and labor and delivery rooms with proper operating modifications, as indicated.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: none
2. Experience: Effective11/13/12-three years experience and/or training in a related job
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable)
4. Preferred: High school diploma or GED; technical school or Associate's degree. Experience in a healthcare environment.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Required: ONE of the following:
A. City of San Antonio Maintenance Technician license within six months of hire date
B. Texas License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation in a plant operations modality
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom