Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Bulk Gases Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Bulk Sales Specialist drives and supports the sale of Bulk products serving as a subject matter expert (SME) to both internal and external customers. The Sales Specialist is directly responsible for executing regional company specific bulk product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and collaboration with internal sales partners. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for sales growth by providing branch and outside sales associate support to facilitate sales of Bulk gas/systems and on-site generators in a given geographic territory. Develops and maintains solid working relationships with Branch Managers, Account Managers, District Managers, Sales Specialists and Technical Service Managers and personnel across the Region.
- Coordinates and participates in customer Bulk gas installation, removal, modification, site survey and quote request activities looking for opportunities to sell not only Bulk products, but to cross-sell all Airgas products to all customers. Provides technical knowledge to assist with confirming customer project information such as Bulk gas type (liquid or gas use), vessel size, monthly volume, flow rate, line pressure requirements, duty cycle, USP requirements, telemetry, delivery constraints, temporary supply requirements, and any other additional project information.
- Manages the customer relationship with larger Bulk and on-site customers.
- Provides technical knowledge to customers by showing how Airgas can match customer needs with the appropriate products and services.
- Initiates customer sales calls and provides customers with product and application training, engineering and technical support and service. Evaluates customer's Bulk processes and provides needed training for improvement/optimization.
- Establishes a process for continuous and accurate market data collection for customer sales and service needs, market trends and competitor activities.
- Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote Airgas initiative.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills/strategies and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning. Develops sound pricing and negotiation strategies. This includes developing a track-record of success with implementing Bulk price increases and contract renewals.
- Completes and turns in sales-related paperwork, including call reports, month-end reports, reads and responds to e-mail and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Operates in a safe manner at all times and is a proactive advocate of safety; promotes safety by example and aggressively promotes safety with other associates and customers.
- Special projects and other duties as required.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.) Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be considered.
- 3 years of prior technical solution driven sales experience within the bulk gas field preferred.
- 4 years of prior Bulk gas industry experience.
- Must have a broad knowledge of bulk products and processes common to the Airgas customer.
- Demonstrated relationship management & consultative aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise technical solutions for the customer.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
- Strong mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply to customer sales analysis and cost comparisons.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Self-motivated with execllent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- PC skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires a current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent regional travel (50% or more of the work time) requiring overnight travel.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.