We are looking for an experienced and motivated Business Administrator to provide administrative support for two General managers and a globally diverse team in TLI (Talent, Learning, and Insights) as part of our broader HR organization. The ideal candidate can navigate strategically in a fast-paced environment with high energy and a professional attitude, be someone who maintains business proficiency and confidentiality of HR data, knows how to handle ambiguity, and can prioritize and communicate effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Proactively manage, optimize, and update executive calendars
• Provide travel coordination and manage expense reports for executives
• Provide overall team support by maintaining routine in-office hours
• Assist team with other administrative projects as appropriate
• Provide back up support to GM of TLI
-Operating Budget (OPEX) Management:
• Order all equipment and office supplies in accordance with organizational policies and guidelines
• Track company assets including maintaining loaner equipment and org storage rooms, areas, etc.
• Ensure team members have the necessary office resources to execute their jobs effectively
• Assist business management and operations with administration of team budgets, including reporting and tracking of expenditures, etc.
-HR Systems & Office Management:
• Assist team members in creating an energetic, enjoyable and efficient work environment
• Provide support to management in recruitment and on-boarding processes
• Update Headtrax/MSS tools/DLs and assist with organizational charts
• Help lead Executive Assistant with office space planning in alignment with organizational policies and guidelines
• Assist lead Executive Assistant with team morale events
• Look for new and exciting events ideas through outside networking and attending events shows
• Handle org meeting logistics: room and AV set up, catering, décor/other items as needed
• Strong customer service skills, be positive, proactive, and have willingness to assist team members
• Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills; possess proven track record of excellent judgement
• Ability to act with appropriate urgency, work under pressure and within short time constraints
• Proven track record of project management and demonstrating a hands-on, can-do attitude
• Be flexible, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and be comfortable working independently; manage and prioritize their own work tasks and at times operate with ambiguity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Preferred but not required:
• Knowledge of all Microsoft internal tools (MyOrder, MSS Tool, HeadTrax, Informa, MSAuthorize, AssetLink, MSExpense 2.0, MSSpace, Eventions and MSTravel)
• Minimum of 3 + years of demonstrated work experience in an administrative capacity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.