Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
We are seeking a highly capable Business Administrator to provide administrative, operations, communication and project support to a diverse team and business. The GM interfaces with senior leadership within the Microsoft business and MSA organizations, and manages a team of directors and their respective businesses and teams. This position requires contact with executive and leadership levels of Microsoft.
Key responsibilities include:
Providing administrative support to the Global SMB Sales and Service Operations GM and broader leadership team including:
• Complex Calendar Management for GM and Director with utmost attention to accuracy, detail and allocation of time to promote productivity
• Coordinating and scheduling internal and external meetings
• Supporting the rhythm of the business by synchronizing, scheduling and implementing events including team and departmental meetings, off-sites, and morale events
• Able to work with all levels of Microsoft employees including Corporate VP’s office
• Budget Management - manage the team budget by attending monthly budget meetings, submit re-classes as needed, and assist with budget planning; assist with requests to track or confirm PO processing and payments to our partners/vendors
• Team Management - manage group headcount information, space coordination, new employee setup, and other administrative processes
• Procurement of goods and services including computer equipment, offices supplies, reference materials, and facility requests, processing of group purchases: equipment requests and invoice processing and services
• Arranging domestic/international travel
• Management of systems, tools, and processes including: managing team distribution lists; owning management and content update on the team SharePoint portal sites and applicable sub-sites; updating team contact lists
• Recommending and driving solutions for departmental operations or processes
• Close cooperation and support with Business Manager on projects
• Special projects as assigned
• Managing confidential information
• 5 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be capable of becoming an expert in Microsoft productivity and communications tools and be able to train others in their use.
• Must be willing to leverage, collaborate and plan with other assistants and employees.
Other qualifications include:
• Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills, cross group collaboration, excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong analytical and project management skills.
• The successful individual will be able to manage priorities and tradeoffs in a continually changing environment, with demonstrated ability to communicate those changes and bring issues to a quick and solid resolution.
• Good judgment in resolving issues, ability to maintain confidential information, as well as the ability to work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail are required.
• Demonstrated skills in creating and formatting spreadsheets, presentations and documents, and email/scheduling experience required. Experience with Microsoft products and tools; HeadTrax, MSS, MyOrder, MS Expense, MS Travel, Forefront Identity Manager and SharePoint are strongly preferred.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, natural origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.