Business Administrator, Solutions Strategy & Operations, WW DSS
Location: Issaquah, Washington
Posted: January 17, 2018
Reference ID: 1084023
The Solutions Strategy and Operations (SS&O) is looking for an experienced and energetic Business Administrator to join our team! We are looking for an accomplished candidate to participate as part of our SS&O Admin community and to support the Advanced Services Delivery Team and Support Solutions Group.
To become the ideal candidate, you will bring a passion for making managers and organizations better - through relationships, collaboration, and keeping things running with great process. This position requires someone who is organized; has excellent communication skills; shows initiative and drive; and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
You will have the ability to anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks; make timely decisions; have strong planning and organizational skills; experience working with financials and budgeting; experience managing headcount and a complex international recruiting process; and experience supporting teams with domestic and international employees.
You will build effective working relationships across boundaries and accommodate work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals around the world. Core job responsibilities are:
• Provide administrative support for two Service Leaders including scheduling and coordinating logistics for meetings, processing expenses for Manager, deliver Rhythm of the Business processes, including one-on-one’s, budget reviews, leadership meetings, strategy reviews, All-Hands meetings, etc.
• Provide general administrative support for a global team of 100+, including but not limited to, space coordination, tracking capital equipment/assets, procurement, alias maintenance, headcount management, new/internal hire onboarding (domestic & international), event management, and reconciling operating expense budgets.
• Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all transactions to include communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Build and maintain good business relationships with executive level and counterpart administrative staff both internally in Services as well as across the organizations we work closely with.
• Work as part of a strong admin team to manage the needs of the overall SS&O Org to ensure all administrative procedures are handled as required and that all group support is running smoothly.
The successful individual will have:
• At least 3+ years of experience as an administrator supporting a Leader or General Manager and their team(s) in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to act with executive presence and diplomacy, critical for interaction with all levels of Microsoft employees, executives cross group as well as external Partners.
• Keen sense of confidentiality and ability to exude confidence to make appropriate decisions on behalf of GM’s; ability to stay calm under pressure; ability to work independently, take ownership and drive issues to resolution.
• Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
• In depth knowledge and proficiency of MS systems and products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Windows and the ability to learn new internal systems quickly and with proficiency is critical.
Location: You will be based in Issaquah, WA.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com