Data Sciences and Business Analytics Consultant
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 20, 2016
Reference ID: 160012UB
*Quantitative Business Analytics lead, CCO Strategy Team *
With the creation of Dell Technologies, Michael and the ELT have made a significant investment to create a Chief Customer Office, elevating the role of the customer in our decision making and definition of success (e.g. Net Promoter Score) and in our culture (e.g. Customer First in the CultureCode). The CCO is a global team focused solely on advocating for our customers to create a consistent & positive customer experience that differentiates Dell & creates financial impact through greater customer engagement and loyalty. This position focuses on delivering this value for our Commercial and Consumer businesses. The position will report into the Director of Analytics and Strategy within the Chief Customer Office.
This individual will leverage large volumes of data inputs (surveys, social, voice of sales, quality data, financial performance, repurchase behavior, loyalty metrics etc.) to develop the single-source of truth for the state of our relationships with our customers. He/she will lead reviews and share insights, including moments causing defection and loyalty across sales, marketing, services, and operations. Owns end-to-end analyses, including defining the problem statements, hypotheses testing, summarizing findings and quantifying CBAs that deliver industry-best customer experiences resulting in improved financial results for Dell. This individual will be supported by the CCO Analytics team and will partner with functional leads from within the business.
This role is for individuals with a successful track record of preparing thoughtful, rigorous and insightful analytics both as an individual contributor as well as in cross-functional teams. He/she would work well with virtual teams, be comfortable with working with senior executives, and be driven by a customer-first, win/win philosophy. To be successful, the candidate must demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving capabilities. The candidate must also have a strong working knowledge of direct and retail routes-to-market and the challenges unique to selling and delivering to customers in each region.
* Lead the development of economic models to dissect customer sentiment and its impact to buy-behavior along the customer journey steps
* Develop problem statements, establish/test hypotheses, present findings both at the sample level and aggregated for a holistic population, articulate impact of drivers to customer economic value
* Lead propensity modeling analyses for the commercial and enterprise customers, integrate impact into R&Os for future incremental economic value
* Co-lead the development of the annual customer experience / NPS goals (net promoter score) across the regions and functions
* Support the design and rollout of differentiated and valued customer programs (e.g. high-touch, DellAdvantage, etc.)
* Strong skills to synthesize large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data, and communicate observations to the business teams
* Be conversant with strategic trade-offs and profitability dynamics for the transactional and relationship businesses
* Conduct pilots as required that measure viability and execution capabilities of end-to-end customer centric program
* Establish strong relationships with sales, marketing, product groups, service, operations and finance and be a thought leader to take Dell's CCO to the next level
* Lead/support special projects and perform other duties as required
* Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
* Data sciences / Computer engineering / Management Information Systems background with a passion for analyses, conversant / certified in data mining techniques, SAS, R, elastic data
* 5 years of prior work experience in business analyses and data sciences fields, preferably in consumer and enterprise technology sector
* Ability to work cross functionally, so preference is for an individual that is not an expert in one area but has had roles across the value chain
* Confidence to take unconventional positions when supported by fact and experience
* Excellent track record of handling ambiguity well
* Strong communications and presentation skills
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Business Analysis - Support Services*
**Organization:** **Customer Experience*
**Title:** *Data Sciences and Business Analytics Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160012UB*