FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We seek an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated Business Analyst (BA) based in New York City to join our Product Management team. This person will play a key role in working with customers to define critical business needs and goals, analyzing broader trends across FreeWheel’s customer base, and working directly with Product Managers to craft product investment business cases.
BA’s play a key role connecting customers and internal stakeholders with our Product Management team. Experienced BA’s have the opportunity to further their careers moving into Product Management, Customer Services, or Advisory teams over time based on skill level and what you’re most passionate about.
- Identify and work with clients and internal stakeholders to develop business requirements and opportunities submitted through FreeWheel’s Ideas Forum
- Present opportunities to Product Stakeholders working with Product Managers’s (PMs) to ensure proposed feature designs cover stated needs
- Proactively engage with customer analysis
- Review developed solutions before features are released to our client-facing Production environment
- Provide training to our internal teams, and occasionally to our clients
- Collaborate with our Product Managers and customers to craft product investment business cases
- Be Awesome
- BA/BS degree and 1-3 years experience with software as a service (SaaS) or internet technologies. A technically oriented degree in CS, MIS, CIS, etc, is a huge plus
- Interest in learning about how software and the FreeWheel products work, developing cool products and performing deep analysis on tough problems
- You have strong communication skills – this position requires significant amount of client and cross-department interaction. Being a Business Analyst is all about understanding the deeper root issue or opportunity beneath the stated symptoms. You should be able to do this well
- You understand how to form recommendations around applying technologies, process, and policy to solve operational problems
- Working knowledge of database structure and SQL is a huge plus
- You think creatively and solve problems actively. This is not a position where requirements or solutions will be spoon fed to the team. Personal drive is a must!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.